Connect with us

fight news

Elon Musk’s father blasts possible cage match with Mark Zuckerberg, says it would create a 'no-win situation' – Fox News

Published

on





This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2023 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.
Fox News Flash top sports headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the world’s richest person, could be in a “no-win situation” if he ultimately decides to go through with a cage fight – at least from his father’s point of view.
Musk and Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg have hinted that they will go head-to-head in a mixed martial arts-style match, but electromechanical engineer Errol Musk does not appear to be in favor of the proposal.
Errol expressed concern that his son could be labeled as a “bully” if the “crazy fight” took place.
“The thing is, if this crazy fight goes ahead, if Elon beats this guy, Elon will be called a bully, being so much heavier and taller,” Errol Musk told The Sun. “While if he loses, the humiliation would be total.”
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Mark Zuckerberg, left, and Elon Musk are ready to fight offline. In a now-viral back-and-forth seen on Twitter and Instagram, the two tech billionaires seemingly agreed to a “cage match” face-off. (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez, Stephan Savoia)
Errol added that no matter the outcome, he believes his son could be viewed as a loser.
“Elon loses if he wins and loses if he loses,” Errol noted. “Wins, he’s a bully. Loses, he’s a loser.”
GOV ABBOTT WEIGHS IN ON POTENTIAL MARK ZUCKERBERG-ELON MUSK CAGE MATCH: ‘BIGGEST FIGHT’
What began as banter on Twitter between Musk, who also owns and operates Twitter, and several users on the platform swiftly evolved into him issuing a challenge to fight in a cage match against Zuckerberg, who owns Facebook and Instagram.
Zuckerberg later appeared to accept the challenge, with UFC President Dana White later confirming the two billionaires were “absolutely dead serious” about a potential bout.
“This would be the biggest fight ever in the history of the world. Bigger than anything that’s ever been done, it would break all pay-per-view records, these guys would raise hundreds of millions of dollars for charity,” White told TMZ.
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg once claimed Facebook had suppressed 18 million posts that contained “misinformation” about COVID-19. (David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images/File)
A cage match between Zuckerberg and Musk could draw significant interest from sports fans, but according to Errol, members of the Musk family are “all quite worried.” He also said that his son could have avoided the entire situation by not involving himself in “high school behavior.”
“I think Elon has got himself into a difficult situation as a result of high school behavior,” Errol added.
Not only does Elon Musk stand at the helm of major tech companies, he’s also a father to 10 kids. (Justin Sullivan)
Musk’s mother, Maye, also weighed in on the potential match via a series of tweets.
“Fight with words only. In armchairs. 4 feet apart. The funniest person wins,” she wrote in a tweet to her son last week after he hinted that the contest could happen at the UFC’s Octagon venue.
Shortly after what appeared to be a fan-generated promotional poster for the possible match, Maye tweeted, “Now the fight has been canceled.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
On Twitter Monday evening, Musk agreed to begin training with none other than UFC Hall of Famer Georges St-Pierre.
“Ok, let’s do it,” Musk responded to the retired UFC superstar, who initially posted that he was a “huge fan” of Musk’s and said it would be an “absolute honor” to train him.
“I’m a huge fan of yours and it would be an absolute honor to help you and be your training partner for the challenge against Zuckerberg,” tweeted St-Pierre, who is widely regarded as one of the best UFC fighters of all time and one of the greatest fighters in mixed martial arts history.
Fox News’ Lawrence Richard contributed to this report.
Chantz Martin is a sports writer for Fox News Digital.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2023 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.

source



fight news

In Israel's fight for survival against tech savvy Hamas terrorists Biden seeks to micromanage the war – Fox News

Published

on





This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2023 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.
 FOX News White House correspondent Peter Doocy has the latest on the Biden administration’s response to the Middle East conflict on ‘Special Report.’
As Israeli Defense Forces resumed military operations to eradicate the Hamas terrorist threat last Friday, the Biden administration is inserting itself into Israel’s war planning process, teaching the Israelis – who’ve been fighting for their survival for decades – how to properly prosecute the conflict. 
Washington warfare “experts” – who arguably haven’t secured a single clear military victory since 1945 – insist that Israeli military strategists alter their war plans to make their combat operations more targeted and their strikes more accurate, in order to minimize casualties, especially among civilians. 
The Biden administration’s demands, while noble-sounding, are misguided and unreasonable. Implementing these requirements, at the expense of achieving the main mission of eliminating Hamas and its entire supporting infrastructure, will likely prolong the conflict, ultimately resulting in many more Israeli and Palestinian deaths. Here’s why.
LABELING CHINA, RUSSIA AND IRAN AS NEW ‘AXIS OF EVIL’ WILL NOT NEUTRALIZE THE THREATS THEY POSE
President Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu participate in an expanded bilateral meeting with Israeli and U.S. government officials, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023, in Tel Aviv. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
Hamas is no longer your grandfather’s terrorist gang, the way it used to be years ago. Like many other non-state terrorist groups, Hamas has benefited from the democratization of technology, which has made access to weapons, military-grade components, and the know-how necessary for indigenous production, much easier across the board than it used to be. 
Consequently, Hamas is now in possession of more deadly, more advanced weaponry than it had did even a decade ago. Its much more diverse weapons arsenal makes the terrorists look and fight more like a regular military force rather than a non-state terrorist group. This levels the battlefield a lot more than it did during the 2014 Gaza War between Israeli forces and Hamas.
The employment of drone warfare enabled Hamas to catch the Israelis off guard. During the initial wave of attacks on October 7, the terror group used small tactical drones to strike multiple Israeli military targets, disrupting infrastructure and destroying surveillance towers, cameras, and communications, as the terrorists  were infiltrating across the southern border, killing some 1,200 people. This element of surprise enabled Hamas to seize, at least temporarily, what’s called in modern warfare, strategic initiative, leaving Israelis stunned and scrambling to defend itself. 
Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei meets Chairman of the Hamas Political Bureau, Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran, Iran on November 5, 2023.  (Photo by Iranian Leader Press Office / Handout/Anadolu via Getty Images)
Hamas has modernized its drone arsenal, which now includes ‘Zouari’ suicide drone, named after Mohammed Zouari, the late Hamas engineer and drone pilot; Ababil-2 Iranian Tactical UAV; Misagh-1 with a high explosive-fragmentation warhead; AK-103-2 with aburst-fire setting, and RAAD-T, according to Army Recognition, OE Data Integration Network and DroneSec databases. 
CLICK HERE TO GET THE OPINION NEWSLETTER
Hamas has also significantly improved its indigenously manufactured rockets, called Qassam, having extended their range from 2-3 miles in its first iteration to 10 miles, with the Qassam 3. Today’s generation of missiles used by Hamas have a range of 150 miles, covering all of Israel.
Hamas also has been the beneficiary of Iranian weapons, technical assistance, and training. In 2020, the State Department assessed that Iran sends $100 million a year to Palestinian terrorist groups, arming and training them to attack Israel and murder its civilians as Hamas did on October 7.
According to the Wall Street Journal, 500 Hamas terrorists were trained by Iran Quds Force, the foreign-operations arm of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in special combat tactics, during the weeks leading up to the October 7th terrorist attacks. Hamas used combined arms tactics during the assault, synchronizing the attacks across air, land, and sea, a warfare style used by regular armies.
Members Hamas display rockets during a military parade on the Streets in Khan Yunis, southern Gaza Strip.  (Photo by Yousef Masoud/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)
During the 2023 campaign, Israelis are dying at more than twice the rate as in 2014, according to the Wall Street Journal. The upgrades in weapons and tactics are the likely reasons why Hamas is a much more lethal force than it used to be, posing a much more formidable threat to the Israeli forces.
On a visit to Tel Aviv recently, Secretary of State Anthony Blinken warned the Israeli leadership, about “the imperative to the United States that the massive loss of civilian life and displacement of the scale we saw in northern Gaza not be repeated in the south.” He demanded a “clear plan in place that puts a premium on protecting civilians as well as sustaining and building on the humanitarian assistance that’s getting into Gaza.” 
Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant (R) and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken shake hands prior to a meeting in Tel Aviv on November 30, 2023. Blinken told Israeli leaders on November 30 that a temporary truce in their war with Hamas was “producing results” and should continue.   (Photo by SAUL LOEB/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
How in the world can the Israelis assure Washington that they will avert civilian deaths, given that Hamas is known for using civilians as human shields? How can the IDF avoid striking civilian targets if Hamas uses hospitals as operational command centers and storage facilities for weapons and combat gear?
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Whether intentional or not, what the Biden administration is doing is restricting the IDF’s freedom of action and flexibility of maneuver, as Israel is striving to eliminate the existential threat to its survival. 
It is bad enough that Israel has to deal with a much more lethal and bloodthirsty enemy that is armed to the teeth. Now its defenders have to fight with one arm tied behind their back because Washington, almost certainly driven by politics, is hell-bent on micromanaging someone else’s war.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM REBEKAH KOFFLER
Rebekah Koffler is a strategic military intelligence analyst and the author of Putin’s Playbook. She is Managing Editor of an e-mail newsletter for independent thinkers, CutToTheNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @Rebekah0132
Get the recap of top opinion commentary and original content throughout the week.
Subscribed
You’ve successfully subscribed to this newsletter!
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2023 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.

source



Continue Reading

fight news

5 Fights We Need to See After UFC Fight Night 233 – Bleacher Report

Published

on





5 Fights We Need to See After UFC Fight Night 233  Bleacher Report
source



Continue Reading

fight news

Bleacher Report Boxing Pound-For-Pound Rankings: Feb 2009 – Bleacher Report

Published

on





Bleacher Report Boxing Pound-For-Pound Rankings: Feb 2009  Bleacher Report
source



Continue Reading

Trending